Apple releases iPhone 5s TV ad campaign featuring fitness-centric apps and accessories
On Wednesday, tech giant Apple released a new iPhone 5s TV ad campaign - which takes the tagline "You're more powerful than you think" - during the Stanley Cup.
The short ad essentially features fitness-minded apps and accessories; and its release comes at a time when Apple is hosting its annual Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco. The company has unveiled a feature called HealthKit at the WWDC event.
The key idea behind the new iPhone 5s TV ad is to show how iPhone users can run, swim, and weigh themselves; all while remaining connected to fitness-centric apps on their smartphones and while using different accessories.
The fitness-related hardware which is shown in the new TV ad released by Apple includes Misfit Shine activity tracker, Wahoo Fitness Blue SC Speed/Cadence Sensor, Withings Health Mate, Adidas miCoach Smart Ball, and Zepp Golf Sensor.
The apps featured in the ad include Strong Lifts, TRX Force, Wemo, Misfit Shine, Argus, Withings, Johnson & Johnson Official 7 Minute Workout App, Sprinttimer, and Nike+ Running.
The new TV ad campaign launched by Apple is set to Robert Preston's 1961 tune 'Chicken Fat,' which later came to be known as 'The Youth Fitness Song.' The tune was specifically created as a fitness-centered push by the US government headed by President John F. Kennedy; and was aimed at getting the US kids to become active.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies