Apple adds ‘Sharing Selfies’ section to App Store
A new section - called 'Sharing Selfies' - has recently been added officially by Apple to its App Store. As a result of the latest addition, the 'Sharing Selfies' section is available on the front page of the App Store, on the desktop as well as iDevice.
The new 'Sharing Selfies' section of the App Store includes hordes of apps which enable users to shares selfies --- that is, self-pictures which the users click by using the camera features of their smartphones.
When the users click on the 'Sharing Selfies' section of the App Store, the numerous 'free' and 'paid' apps which will be displayed are dedicated for expressing users' selves through self-clicked selfies.
As of now, some of the apps available through the App Store 'Sharing Selfies' section - which underscores a smart move by the company - include Frontback, Samba, Snapchat, SnapDash, and Close-up, and 1 Second Everyday.
With the official addition of the 'Sharing Selfies' section to the App Store clearly indicating that Apple drawing on the popularity of the 'selfie' self-portraits, CNET said that the move marks a sort of endorsement from the company; and added: "… the selfie phenomenon appears to have won a certain measure of legitimacy from Apple."
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden