Snap’s Spectacles available online
Days after releasing a "Roadshow" video to attract potential investors for its IPO, Snap Inc. has announced the online availability of its video-recording sunglasses, called Spectacles.
The social media company, which is best known for its short-lived image and video service Snapchat, has also closed its pop-up store in New York and activated a buy button on its Spectacles. com website.
Spectacles are wearable glasses integrated wirelessly with a video camera. It allows users to record a day's worth of snaps on a single charge. The snaps or videos go straight to the app using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. It captures anything within the 115-degree field of its vision. Users can enjoy the recorded videos full display on any device.
One can buy Spectacles online for $130, and the wearable technology is available in Black, Coral and Teal. The price includes a cable and charging case. However, an additional charging case and cable will cost additional $50 and $10, respectively.
Snap has limited the sale of the device to 6 pairs per household. It takes 2 to 4 weeks for the company to deliver the device after an order is placed online.
Meanwhile, Snap is preparing for its planned IPO, in which it will sell nearly 230 million shares with price tag ranging between $14 and $16 apiece. If the IPO goes as planned, the social media company will get a market valuation of $19.5 to $22.2 billion.
Organic Market Europe
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market