Facebook to allow businesses to post job openings
Following years of speculation that Facebook could try to harness its huge audience to take on services like LinkedIn, the social-networking giant has announced that it will soon allow businesses to post job openings and job seekers to hunt for new jobs.
Andrew Bosworth, Facebook's vice president of ads and business platform, told reporters that the company has created new tools to allow small and midsized businesses to hire the right people through the service.
Bosworth added that the new tools were aimed at small and midsized businesses that may be in need to hire part-time and hourly workers, which is a weak spot for LinkedIn.
Job seekers will be able to apply for vacancies by clicking the new "Apply Now" button, and Facebook will auto-fill some of the applicant's public information from their online profile. The service will allow applicants to review and edit the information before they submit the application.
Following the submission of the application, Facebook will create a conversation between the recruiter and the job candidate through Facebook Messenger. A new "Jobs" tab will also be added for job seekers.
As per a 2015 survey by the Society for Human Resource Management, nearly 84 per cent of businesses are hunting for new employees through social media sites and 9 per cent said they were planning to do so.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies