Facebook launches new standalone app --- ‘Events’ discovery and calendar app
In a Friday announcement, social network Facebook said that it is launching a new standalone app --- the 'Events from Facebook' discovery and calendar app.
The new 'Events' app harnesses some capabilities of Facebook's Events feature, to give users the ability to browse and search for ongoing events. Moreover, since the app is also capable of pulling calendars from the users' phones, all the plans of the users show up in one place; thereby enabling the users to know when they are free.
In announcing the launch of the new standalone 'Events' app via a Friday blog post, Facebook said that the app is available, with immediate effect, on the iOS platform in the US. The company also added alongside that the Android version of the app will also be launched soon.
The Events app boasts a clean interface which offers a number of separate sections -- next to the home tab -- which can be accessed by the users by clicking the corresponding icons at the bottom of the screen. The app also comes with a magnifying glass option, which can be tapped to unfold an Explore tab, to enable users to discover events by browsing through recommendations based on time, location and their interests.
The app also features an interactive map for displaying events taking place in the user's vicinity, as well as a Search tab which displays events happening in other cities.
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power