Samsung is reportedly preparing to announce global recall of Galaxy Note 7
In a recently released report, South Korea's Yonhap News Agency has disclosed that bigwig smartphone manufacturer Samsung may soon announce a massive worldwide recall of its latest Galaxy Note flagship handset --- the Galaxy Note 7.
Previously, The Korea Herald had reported that a recall of Galaxy Note 7 handsets is being 'considered' by Samsung.
The anticipated global recall of the brand new Galaxy Note 7 handsets by Samsung will be a drastic and unprecedented move, which will probably be a direct consequence of recent reports about the explosion of some Galaxy Note 7 batteries while charging --- a matter which is being investigated by Samsung.
Though the battery problem seemingly affects barely 0.1 percent of the new Galaxy Note 7 devices sold till now, the move to recall the handsets evidently underscores a precautionary measure by Samsung.
Going by the reports related to the speculated recall of Galaxy Note 7 handsets by Samsung, the company may issue a worldwide recall of the handsets this coming weekend or early next week.
According to the Yonhap report, Samsung is presently in discussions with the carriers - including bigwig US wireless carrier Verizon Wireless - which that have already launched the Galaxy Note 7, to work out the details about the handling of the handset's recall process.
New Zealand News
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer