A Member of Apple’s Industrial Designing Team Leaves for GoPro
Daniel Coster, a member of Apple's industrial design team is leaving the company to join action camera maker GoPro as Vice President of Design.
He had a long career with Cupertino's small industrial design team led by Jony Ive and he confirmed the news in an interview with Stuff New Zealand.
However, Apple is well known for maintaining secrecy and thus it is not too clear exactly what products did Coster work on. However, the name has reflected time and again on Apple patents, which dates back to 1999. Coster is credited on iPhone 4 patent and other hardware and software products of the company. For Coster it looks like a nice leap and he will shift to his new position at the end of April.
GoPro is a company that's favorite with adventure sports lovers and other action oriented activities. The company offers a number of impressively compact designs already. GoPro is also likely to reveal its first drone soon. Many feel that Coster might have been hired at a time that will help in designing the device.
Coster said, "I'm honored to join the GoPro team. This extraordinary company is close to the hearts of so many people around the world. Its brand and products inspire us to capture and share our lives' most important moments. I'm excited to shape the future with the incredible team at GoPro."
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies