Apple to Push Out Older and Vulnerable Versions of Adobe’s Flash Player
Apple has announced to block older versions of Adobe's Flash Player. The Xprotect malware scanner built into Mac OS X will block the vulnerable versions of Flash. Users will be left with the only choice to update to the latest versions in order to view Flash based content.
Apple said last week that it too was targeted on Java vulnerabilities by the hackers. Apple twice blacklisted the latest version of JAVA earlier this year because of major security issues.
A software update was pushed out by Adobe earlier this week after patching three vulnerabilities in Flash. Adobe revealed that two of the vulnerabilities were designed to target Mozilla's Firefox browser.
"To help protect users from a recent vulnerability, Apple has updated the web plug-in-blocking mechanism to disable older versions of the web plug-in: Adobe Flash Player", Apple wrote.
The actions to block the older versions of Adobe's Flash player will secure Mac users from various security risks.
On Friday, the document was posted on the website in which Apple explained that plugin blocking tool built into Safari has already been blocked by the Apple and users don't need to lift a finger. And the users, who are using the older versions, will see an alert "Blocked Plug-In" appear on the Safari browser page.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies