As per a study, published in the journal Professional Psychology, it has been revealed that a text message is an effective way to treat depression and loneliness.
A team of researchers from the University of California has found that sending and receiving text messages is a great way to lighten up the mood of a person as well as a great way to feel positive.
Study author Professor Adrian Aguilera said that they started their research in 2010 and found that when a person receives a good message at the time of crisis, then he feels cared and gets strength to solve the problem.
In order to reach at the above given solution, the study researchers surveyed 2,277 adult mobile phone users. Aguilera developed a customized Short Message Service (SMS) intervention programme and asked the volunteers to keep him updated about how they feel when they receive positive and negative messages.
“We are harnessing a technology that people use in their everyday lives to improve mental health in low-income, under-served communities”, said Aguilera. He further affirmed that he realized one thing mobile phones act as a great stress buster for those who did not have laptops, computers, smart phones and other e-gadgets.
One of the volunteer, who took part in the survey, said that she feels quiet positive after receiving a motivational message. Even small words of encouragement at the time of crisis are of the great help and elevate the mood of a person.
Aguilera said that text messages have been criticized for spreading illiteracy as people use short forms while messaging. It is also know. to take lives of people as people do not stop texting their friends while driving. However, it is the first time that its positive use has been revealed.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man