Is Facebook shifting from socializing to e-shopping?
Facebook has been testing a system that allows e-commerce on its pages. It is being called F-commerce and Facebook is trying it out with a few companies without naming any.
As per Glassdoor, a jobs-related website based in the United States, that compiles the employee ratings, Facebook, Google and Costco the wholesale retailer proffer the finest pay and benefit packages to their employees in the US.
Besides Costco, whose liberal social benefits are prominent, four out of the five top most employers are all high-tech firms says the survey.
Another Facebook application introduced to the online world today intended to customize and recreate the feeling of suffering from the memory disorder called dementia.
FaceDementia, the new app put out by Alzheimer's Research UK, incidentally saddles a Facebook client's photographs, loved pages, statuses and highlights the key points of interest of their life.
According to a recently-published post on Facebook's official business blog, the social network is set to introduce the first substantial change to its format for desktop ads. In the new format, Facebook will essentially make a change to the ads appearing in the right-hand column of the desktop version of the social networking site.
In a move which marks a noteworthy advance for facial recognition software, researchers at social network Facebook have developed a complex new artificial intelligence system which has facial-detection ability that is nearly as accurate as that of humans.
With Jewish groups accusing German Newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung of anti-Semitism for creating Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's 'large-nosed octopus' cartoon, an apology has been extended by cartoonist Burkhard Mohr for causing offense to Jewish people.
Last year Mark Zuckerberg founder of Facebook paid an estimated $1 billion in taxes, which was considered one of the biggest payments ever until now.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man